Wednesday 13 November 2013

hello!




Molly (left) & Lauren (right)


Who are you?

Molly - Born and bred in London, I am currently an undergrad Philosophy student at the University of Bristol. I have two older brothers and loving parents back at home, whom I miss dearly, but I am loving my freedom and experiences in Bristol. Other than my studies, I am a part-time sales advisor at Topshop (love the discount), a regular gym-goer and as of this post a blogger!!! 
Lauren - Part-time Historian....FULL TIME fashion & beauty addict. I’m a student at the University of Bristol and am loving every minute of it. If I’m not reading a history book, you’ll find me singing, watching beauty YouTube videos or snacking on potato croquettes. 

Why did you decide to start the blog?

Molly - Until recently, I didn’t have much of an inkling about what I wanted to do with my life. I now have some form of direction as I’ve decided to pursue a career in journalism. And what industry does every girl dream of working in? Fashion, of course! This blog is a chance for me to get creative (as I was, once upon a time) and to write about things that interest me, for my own pleasure and also to demonstrate and improve my writing skills. And hopefully to interest some of you readers at the same time!
Lauren - Like Molly, my dream job is to work within the fashion or beauty industry. From the age of fifteen I have been reading fashion and beauty blogs, so I decided it was finally time to start my own! Nothing makes me happier than sitting at my computer (with a packet of milk chocolate buttons) and writing about lipsticks, lace and the latest fashion and beauty trends. 

What is your most treasured fashion item?

Molly - My Mulberry. I received some money from my Grandad after he passed away, and I was intent on spending the money on something I would use, treasure and love rather than my weekly shop or night out at university. I’d been eyeing up the Khaki Taylor for a few months (I worked on Fashion Accessories in John Lewis for a year) and when it reduced by £300 in the spring/summer sale I took the plunge and bought it. It’s not your iconic or traditional Mulberry, but I’m yet to find an outfit that it clashes with, and I have not seen another person with it in my two years of ownership!
Lauren - My most treasured fashion item would probably be my Year 11 Prom dress - a gorgeous satin-salmon-pink-Karen-Millan-cocktail-dress (what a mouthful!). However, I could not live without my trusty Topshop Joni jeans or my black Doc Martens. 

Which cosmetic couldn’t you live without?

Molly - I’ve been cursed throughout my teenage years with bad skin, so good foundation is a must for me to feel confident. About 2 years ago I invested in Estee Lauder’s Double Wear foundation and I have never looked back. It takes the smallest amount to cover my face and give me an even complexion; it lasts for an impressively long time, and when you do finally have to touch up there is no caking or clogging at all! Hence the name Double Wear. It’s pricey, but consider it an investment into your self-confidence.
Lauren - Without lashings of black mascara, I feel like a naked mole rat.

What can we expect from reading your blog?

As students, our content will mostly be aimed at cost-effective fashion and beauty. There will be coverage of the latest fashion trends as well as the hottest beauty must-haves. In studying philosophy and history for a living, we have both developed a knack for over-thinking and questioning above necessity. From our posts you can probably expect us to ask why trends develop and where they develop from.

We hope you enjoy reading this blog, as much as we love writing it!

Molly and Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment