Thursday 21 November 2013

The first of many (I hope!)


Here is a photocopy of my first ever printed article! About a month ago I tried my hand at writing for the Bristol University Newspaper, The Epigram, hoping to develop my writing skills and start a portfolio of pieces to showcase when I eventually start applying for internships. After submitting this, my first attempt written on the bus home from work, I did not hear a single word back from the editor and so presumed that it wasn't good enough. I wasn't disappointed! It was my first try and I took it as an encouragement to try again and improve so that eventually I might see my name in print. Then, as I was waiting for a seminar the other day in Uni, I picked up a copy to check out what sort of things were published in the Style section of the Epigram, only to see that, without being told, my article had been printed! Of course I was elated and ran to all forms of social media to boast, and so it's only fitting that I should post a copy here to mark the occasion. Now to the framing shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment